Sunday, June 20, 2010

Welcome to My Blog

I'm starting this blog to dedicate my running to the RETA ministry here in Elkhart County, Indiana. Those of you who know me well know I like to run. I run to keep fit. I run for fun. I especially like to race. This season I have already run the Indy Mini-marathon (13.1 miles), the Elkhart Two Rivers Meet (15K), and the Sunburst in South Bend (10K). Now I'm running for a purpose. I want to use my running to encourage people to support RETA, in prayer, through volunteer time and with donations. RETA is a Christian ministry that serves families. In future posts I'll tell you more about it. My next race is the 5K at the Bristol Fruit Hills Classic on July 10th. Pray for me as I train, especially that my sore Achilles tendon gets better. I've been resting it, but I think I'm ready to run again.

No comments:

Post a Comment