Saturday, January 1, 2011

Resolved

This is New Year's Day. It is a day for New Year's resolutions. I have mapped out my resolutions for running for 2011:
1) Run a marathon without walking.
(In my first marathon, in October 2010, I walked most of the last six miles.)
2) Run a marathon in less than 4 hours 30 minutes.
(I finished my first marathon in 4 hours 56 minutes.)
3) Run a 5 K in less than 22 minutes 30 seconds.
(My fastest 5 K in 2010 was 22:48.)
4) Run a 10 K in less than 54 minutes.
(My fastest 10 K in 2010 was 54:43.)
5) Run a half-marathon in less than 2 hours.
(My only half-marathon, in May, 2010, was 2 hours 22 minutes.)
6) Run an ultra-marathon (any distance longer than a marathon.)
(I would like to run the Huff 50 K in Huntington, Indiana in December.)

My resolutions for life are to try to keep doing what I tried to do in 2010:
Serve the Lord sincerely, and ask forgiveness when I crash.
Be a good companion in life and a partner in ministry with my wife, Linda.
Be a good colleague to people I work with and be fair and just to people I deal with through
work.
Be a good friend.

Pray as RETA discerns its resolutions for 2011. Pray that the folks at RETA can maintain the ministry with the resolve to serve the Lord and to serve families that they have had for years. Perhaps you can resolve to help RETA in 2011: volunteer, or donate, or tell someone else about RETA.

I'd better get going. I have a lot to do in 2011. And miles to run before I sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment