Saturday, March 5, 2011

Hope

I ran 8 miles this morning. I ran slowly, since my knee was kind of twitchy. The hope of spring was in the air. Signs of life were everywhere. Wind rippling waves in the giant puddle in my neighbor's yard where the snow had melted. A frenzy of geese honking madly overhead as they sighted water in the wetlands up ahead. Soggy grass that definitely looks greener. Robins squawking with short, choppy chirps. A pack of big dogs making sport of chasing me with snarls, snapping jaws, and paws slapping on the boggy ground. I'm glad they were on the other side of the fence. A covey of mourning doves launching out of a shrub as I ran by. A squirrel perched on our mail box by the road, enjoying an early lunch. Spring is not far away, and I'm glad for the signs of new life. It gives me hope.
I saw a big article in the Goshen News this morning about Zion Chapel out near the county fairgrounds, raising money for RETA by filling baby bottles with loose change. Maybe you can come up with a unique idea for supporting RETA.

No comments:

Post a Comment